Automation Job Descriptions & Salaries
Job description – An Automation Engineer primarily supports manufacturing, utilities and facilities operations, as well as the operation and maintenance of the entire plant’s automation and control systems. Responsible for the support and execution of automation qualification as well as the resolution of all automation-related issues, the Automation Engineer will also develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and implement maintenance programmes for the automation and control systems. In addition, managing vendor service contracts as well as preparing the operation and maintenance budget will also come under the purview of this role.
- 0-3 years: 30,000 – 40,000
- 3-5 years: 40,000 – 50,000
- 5+ years: 50,000 – 55,000+
- 0-3 years: 30,000 average
- 3-5 years: 34,000 average
- 5+ years: 37,000 average
Ideal background – Bachelors degree in engineering, knowledge of automated systems, previous experience of control/instrumentation in relevant industry.
Career path – Senior Engineer > Engineering Manager > Engineering Director
Job description – Tasks include creation, fitting and monitoring equipment and assembly lines within the manufacture process. Aiming to integrate the entire process, the role covers both hardware and software components.
- 0-3 years: 24,000 – 28,000
- 3-5 years: 30,000 – 40,000
- 5+ years: 40,000 – 50,000+ (chartered)
Ideal background – Bachelors degree in engineering, mathematics or similar, experience in industrial environment advantageous
Career path – Senior Systems Engineer > IT Manager > IT Director
Job description – Design, implement and maintain applications and software used within the manufacturing process. Involved with ongoing testing and analysis.
Ideal background – Bachelors degree in engineering, computing or information technology. Relevant experience in manufacturing environment highly desirable.
Career path – Senior Applications Engineer
Computer Operations Specialist
Job description – Oversees coordination of computer processing systems and procedures. Plans, tests and analyses updates to systems. Focus is on producing efficient systems while maintaining user satisfaction.
Ideal background – Previous experience in computer systems within manufacturing operations highly desirable.
Career path – Senior Computer Operations Specialist
- Sigmar Recruitment Medical Devices Salary Guide 2016 http://www.sigmarrecruitment.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Sigmar-Recruitment-Salary-Guide-2016-Medical-Devices-Division.pdf
- Sigmar Recruitment Life Sciences Salary Guide 2016 http://www.sigmarrecruitment.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Sigmar-Recruitment-Salary-Guide-2016-Science-Division.pdf
- Sigmar Recruitment Engineering Salary Guide 2016 http://www.sigmarrecruitment.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Sigmar-Recruitment-Salary-Guide-2016-Engineering-Division.pdf
- Sigmar Recruitment Supply Chain Salary Guide 2016 http://www.sigmarrecruitment.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Sigmar-Recruitment-Salary-Guide-2016-Supply-Chain-Division.pdf
- Morgan McKinley 2016 Engineering Salary & Benefits Guide http://www.morganmckinley.ie/article/2016-engineering-salary-benefits-guide
- Morgan McKinley 2016 Supply Chain Salary & Benefits Guide http://www.morganmckinley.ie/article/supply-chain-2016-salary-survey-benefits-guide
- Morgan McKinley 2016 Science Salary & Benefits Guide http://www.morganmckinley.ie/article/2016-science-salary-benefits-guide
- Brightwater Salary Survey 2016 http://www.brightwater.ie/docs/default-source/salary-surveys/salary-survey-2016/brightwater-salary-survey-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=4
http://www.prospects.ac.uk/engineering_manufacturing_sector.htm Clinical Professionals Pharmaceutical Salary Survey Results 2012/13 (seen at http://www.slideshare.net/ElysiaCP/pharmaceutical-salary-survey-2012-2013)
To fill gaps in all –
Interested in a Well Paid Career in Pharma?
Our eBioPharmaChem course is FREE for Unemployed people in Ireland who qualify under the Springboard Scheme.If you are thinking of re-skilling into this sector and would like more information, contact us for details.
Already Working but Still Thinking of Changing Careers?
Feel free to check out our Manufacturing Safe Medicines & Medical Devices (Intro) course which will help you get a start on a career path into the pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturing industry.