About this skill: Project management ties together many other skills such as communication, organisation, leadership and team working. The reason it gets its own place (and so high up our list) is because employers see it as important enough to call out on its own. More than just bringing together these different skills, project management puts a clear focus on responsibilities for deliverables.
Why it’s important in CSV: Most CSV work is done on a project basis. While the CSV professional will be responsible for their own workload and timelines, they also act as manager to the project more widely, keeping others “on track” for deliverables and maintaining ultimate responsibility for final outcomes.
Example from a real job advert:
“Ability to effectively manage complex projects across multiple disciplines”
How you might demonstrate this (employment examples):
- Have you previously led any projects in a workplace?
- Have you been responsible for others and their delivery of outcomes towards a shared goal?
- Do you have examples of motivating others to complete a project successfully?
How you might demonstrate this (extra-curricular examples):
- Have you successfully managed a project involving other people?
- Do you have experience in leading a team of people to achieve a complex outcome?
- Have you planned and coordinated with others to achieve a successful outcome?