About this skill: Employers talk about this skill in several ways – solutions focused, ability to prioritise own work based on requirements and maintaining adherence to project delivery. More than most of the other on the list, this is a mindset or an approach rather than a traditional skill. But it’s one that is highly valued by employers.
Why it’s important in Validation: Validation teams work to ensure everything within a manufacturing process is ready for use, and can be relied upon to produce consistent results. If their work is delayed then manufacturing is also delayed. But even more importantly, if their work is not of the highest standard, patient health might be at risk. Validation professionals work with a strong “right first time” mentality.
Example wording from real job adverts:
“Drive for results”
“Shows good judgment to achieve a balance between cost: benefit, quality and safety”
How you might demonstrate this (employment examples):
- Can you demonstrate previous success for an employer?
- Where can you show that you met or exceeded workplace expectations?
- Are there examples of you changing approach to a problem as a result of your focus on the end goal?
How you might demonstrate this (extra-curricular examples):
- Are there areas you can demonstrate personal success?
- Have you achieved something unusual or after a lot of work?
- Do you have examples of goal setting and achievement?