Ireland’s pharmaceutical and medical device industries have seen excellent growth over the last few years. If you want to know more about why check out this blog post.
This growth has, of course, led to many companies looking to hire more staff. It can be difficult to keep track of which companies are still in the process of recruiting for these announcements so we thought we’d do it for you!
The page contains a list of expansions plans and job announcements that could still be in the recruiting process. The links here are to news articles to let you see details of the announcements. To follow up, visit the company career pages or contact them directly. You can find a complete list of links to company career pages on our Job Website Directory.
We’ll be updating this page regularly so check back every-so-often to see new announcements!
- Abbott announced 500 new jobs as it expands its Donegal site.
- AbbVie is creating 200 new jobs at its site in Sligo.
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals announced 50 jobs at a new manufacturing plant in Athlone.
- Aerogen is creating 50 new jobs in Galway.
- Almac created 100 positions at a new Dundalk facility.
- Bausch & Lomb is creating 100 new jobs as it expands its Waterford site.
- Beckman Coulter announced 70 new jobs within its Clare site.
- BioMarin is creating 50 new jobs after investing in its Cork facility.
- BMS is recruiting for 400 new positions as it opens a new biologic manufacturing plant in Dublin.
- Central Pharma is creating 100 new jobs at a new site in Kerry.
- Chanelle Group is creating 525 new jobs as it expands its Galway operations.
- DePuy Synthes announced 30 new jobs in Cork.
- Edwards Lifesciences is creating 1200 jobs at a new manufacturing site in Limerick.
- Eli Lilly is creating 500 new jobs in Cork.
- Eurofins’ Waterford site is creating 160 positions.
- Finesse Medical announced 200 new jobs in Longford.
- Fort Wayne Metals announced 40 new roles as it extends the Co. Mayo facility.
- ILC Dover is creating 70 new jobs at a new site in Cork.
- Janssen announced 200 new jobs in Cork.
- J&J Vision Care is creating 100 new jobs as it expands its Limerick facility.
- Meissner is creating 150 positions at a new site in Mayo.
- MSD is creating a total of 880 new jobs (200, 330, 350 in separate announcements) across Carlow, Cork, Tipperary, and Dublin.
- PCI Pharma Services announced 70 new jobs in Louth.
- Phenox GmbH is creating 65 new jobs as it opens a new manufacturing facility in Galway.
- Phibro announced 150 positions at a new facility in Sligo.
- Randox announced 540 new jobs as it expands its Donegal site.
- Regeneron is adding 500 positions in Limerick (across two separate announcements).
- Rockshel Lifesciences announced 200 new jobs at a new facility in Tipperary.
- Shire created 400 jobs in Co Meath over the next four years.
- SMT announced 50 new Galway jobs at its new European HQ.
- Surmodics announced 100 new jobs in Galway.
- Synexa created 30 new positions in Dublin.
- Takeda announced 410 new positions (340 in Meath and 70 in Dublin).
- Theravance added 30 new jobs in Dublin.
- VistaMed created 200 new jobs in Leitrim with a €10m investment in the site.
- Wasdell created 300 new positions at a new packaging facility in Louth.
- West Pharmaceutical is creating 150 new positions in Waterford and another 100 in Dublin.
- WuXi Biologics announced 400 new jobs at a new facility in Louth.
- Zimmer announced 250 jobs at a new medical device hub.
We hope you find this list useful and wish you luck with your job hunt!
Check out this “Is a Pharma Career For Me?” tool to see how suitable you are for a career in pharma or medical device manufacturing based on your career and educational history.
You might like to check out our post 5 reasons you should re-skill for a more comprehensive look at what the industry offers as a re-skilling option.
And finally, you can Download the Ultimate Guide to Finding a Job in Pharma
Our eBioPharmaChem 30-week conversion course is FREE for Unemployed people in Ireland who qualify under the Springboard Scheme.
If you are thinking of re-skilling into this sector and would like more information, contact us for details.