At GetReskilled, we’ve done what we can to reduce the impact these common challenges have on our trainees. Some of the steps we’ve taken include:
- We give you a designated course coordinator who acts as your sole point of contact for any queries you might have – you’ll come to know them well over the duration of your course.
- They are also who you can contact if you feel like you’re struggling – you are never alone in this process.
- Our course content is released one week at a time so you will have regular ongoing contact with your course advisor and you shouldn’t ever feel overwhelmed at the tasks in front of you.
- We can see when you log in and when you complete assignments. We check this every week, for every trainee. If you fall behind, we notice. Your course coordinator will reach out via email (or sometimes by phone) to discuss your progress and any difficulties you might be having.
- There is a discussion forum for every class. You can chat with other trainees who are at exactly the same point as you in the course, sharing ideas and best practice. This forum is monitored by a lecturer so if there are any technical points of difficulty, they can jump in and help to explain. But other than that, the forum is all yours.
- Depending on the course you take, there may also be a one-off, one-day lab practical element. This is also a great opportunity for you to meet other trainees and discuss the course.
- Most importantly, we’ll always treat you like an individual. We genuinely care about the progress of each and every trainee in our programmes. We want to see them all succeed. This is why, whatever your query or difficulty, we’re there to help you on your way.
Even with the challenges of online study, our courses have a 92% completion rate and 85% of learners would recommend us to a friend.
So yes, it can be tricky and it’s not for everyone. But we’re confident that if you’re aware of the challenges of online study when you sign up, we can help you beat every single one of them.