About this skill: Being proactive is often closely linked in job adverts to initiative, self-motivation, and the ability to work on your own.
Why it’s important in Pharma manufacturing: As previously mentioned, there are strict rules and regulations that need to be followed in Pharma manufacturing, and employers are looking for staff that can be trusted to follow those without constant oversight. It’s also important that staff report when things go wrong, confidently following procedures.
Examples from real job adverts:
Have a proactive approach.
Be a self starter.
Demonstrates self-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic approach.
How you might demonstrate this (employment examples):
- Do you have examples of where you’ve gone “above and beyond” within the workplace?
- Can you describe times where you’ve taken proactive steps to meet workplace goals?
- Was there a time where you showed initiative to make sure a positive outcome was achieved?
How you might demonstrate this (extra-curricular examples):
- Do you have any hobbies that require you to be proactive?
- Have you ever taken the lead to initiate change within a group?
- Are there examples from your social life where you’ve proactively taken steps that have led to improvement or progress?