Ireland’s pharmaceutical and medical device industries have seen excellent growth over the last few years. If you want to know more about why, check out this blog post.
This growth has, of course, led to many companies looking to hire more staff. It can be difficult to keep track of which companies are still in the process of recruiting for these announcements so we thought we’d do it for you!
The page contains a list of expansions plans and job announcements that could still be in the recruiting process. The links here are to news articles to let you see details of the announcements. To follow up, visit the company career pages or contact them directly. You can find a complete list of links to company career pages on our Job Website Directory.
We’ll be updating this page regularly so check back every-so-often to see new announcements!
- AbbVie are creating 50 new high-skilled jobs in Sligo.
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals announced 50 jobs at a new manufacturing plant in Athlone.
- Alexion announced 200 jobs in Dublin and Athlone, with a second announcement of another 50 jobs in Athlone later in the year.
- Almac are creating 100 positions at a new Dundalk facility.
- Alter Pharma announced the creation 80 new roles by 2018.
- APC Ltd will create 100 jobs at their new Dublin headquarters.
- BD announced 100 new jobs as they expand their Limerick facility, and 20 new roles in Louth as they invest €36m in that production facility.
- BMS are recruiting for 400 new positions as they open a new biologic manufacturing plant in Dublin.
- Chanelle Group are creating 175 new jobs in an expansion of their Galway plant.
- CRI announced 30 new jobs as they expand their Wexford site.
- DiaNia Technologies are creating 20 new positions in Galway by 2018.
- Ethicon announced 270 new roles at a new plant in Limerick.
- Eurofins’ Waterford site are creating 160 positions.
- Fort Wayne Metals announced 40 new roles as they extend their Co. Mayo facility.
- GE announced ‘GE BioPark Cork’, expected to bring 500 jobs.
- Horizon announced 60 new positions in their new Dublin headquarters.
- IQ Pharmatek are creating 200 new jobs in Clonmel.
- Mallinckrodt announced 45 new jobs at a new engineering hub.
- MSD are creating a total of 530 new jobs (200 and 330 in separate announcements) across Carlow Cork and Tipperary.
- Ortec are creating 110 new positions in Limerick as they opened their new European HQ.
- Phenox GmbH are creating 65 new jobs as it opens a new manufacturing facility in Galway.
- Randox announced 470 new jobs at a new manufacturing and research facility.
- Reagecon announced they were hiring 25 people for chemist positions in their Shannon facility.
- Regeneron added a further 200 positions in Limerick.
- Shire created 400 jobs in Co Meath over the next four years. They also announced a shorted term plan to fill 150 new positions in Dublin.
- SMT announced 50 new Galway jobs at their new European HQ.
- Surgacoll announced 25 new Dublin-based jobs to be created by 2019.
- Surmodics announced 100 new jobs in Galway.
- Takeda announced 40 new jobs as they expand their Dublin site.
- Teleflex announced 100 jobs in Athlone.
- VistaMed created 200 new jobs in Leitrim with a €10m investment in the site.
- West Pharmaceutical are creating 150 new positions in Waterford and another 100 in Dublin.
- ZELTIQ Aesthetic created 60 new jobs at a new site in Galway.
- Zimmer announced 250 jobs at their new medical device hub.
We hope you find this list useful, and wish you luck with your job hunt!
Check out this “Is a Pharma Career For Me?” tool to see how suitable you are for a career in pharma or medical device manufacturing based on your career and educational history.
You might like to check out our post 5 reasons you should re-skill for a more comprehensive look at what the industry offers as a re-skilling option.
And finally, you can Download the Ultimate Guide to Finding a Job in Pharma
Our eBioPharmaChem 30 week conversion course is FREE for Unemployed people in Ireland who qualify under the Springboard Scheme.
If you are thinking of re-skilling into this sector and would like more information, contact us for details.